perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list

2 posters

Go down

[Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list Empty [Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list

Post  Planeshift Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Huh, hi everybody.

First of all, I'm new, so let's hope I won't say something stupid (who is whispering "it's too late?!"). Second, well, I don't speak english very well (the one whispering "yeah we saw" will suffer. A lot.). Third, if you don't understand what I'm saying, just tell me, I will try to explain, or do a a screenshot, or a replay, or a cake.

Well, now that this is clear, let's talk about the bugs I found. Some are just common (icons problems, typo), some are a bit more like ordinary bugs, but some are really serious bugs (wtf @ Phoenix Talon).

Ok, let's do this.

Minor Bugs :

• Owlkin Frenzy, the first skill from the Owlkin, has not the right description skill when learned ("You avoid 10% of the attacks").
  • The icons of the Blood Knight are messed up : First, the Demon Blood learning icon is the passive one (black borders), then the order is not the same between the learning menu and the normal one.
  • Fanaticism and Divine Light, from Paladin, are exchanged between learning skills menu and normal menu.
  • The Fanaticism icon buff is not the right one (it's the passive aura from Chief Tauren, I don't know the English name).
  • I think it has already been said, but the perSona Swap Information (one of the scrolls given at the beginning) miss the end of the text. I think it's too long for Wc3...
  • Phoenix Talon buff is named "Pheonix Egg", the description has Pheonix Egg in it (and the icon is not the same as the item, but it doesn't matter).

Ordinary Bugs :

• The Mighty Shockwave, from Angry Ogre, is not really bugged, it's just that whenever you use it on a moving unit, one of the shockwave will get to the unit, the other will just get to the position you were aiming at when you began casting the spell.

• You can swith perSona even when you are using Alchemist Ultimate. To do so, you have to :
    - Switch first to your second hero.
    - Then switch to the Alchemist.
    - Use Ultimate while switching is reloading.
    - During the Ulti, the switch should appear.
    It's not really dangerous, however, since switching back to Alchemist will finally end his ultimate whenever it has to stop.

• The orb skill from the Alchemist doesn't trigger the cooldown if you are auto-attacking, which is to say you didn't ordered to attack (whether by clicking on a point or on a unit). I think it's the orb bug from Blizzard, but I'm not sure.

Major Bugs :

Ok, let's start with the ugly ones now.

• Whenever you switch perSonas, immolation from Phoenix Talon disappears. The only way to get it back is to drop and take item back, switching again won't change anything.

• If you target a tower with Phoenix Strike, with tower at the center of the aiming circle, you will do insane damage (at level 1, I did 500 damage. Yepee.).

Well, that's all I found (let's hope that's all I ever found, but I don't think so Crying or Very sad ).

By the way, perSonas is a great mod, I really enjoy it, but in Europe, it seems that nobody's hosting it... Can we get back Renegade for auto-hosting please ? Razz

If I find more, I'll edit this post.

EDIT : Replay made for Phoenix Strike and Alchemist skills, and for Phoenix Talon. I show the Phoenix Strike at the beginning (like 1:30) and the Alchemist bug ultimate when I attack the second tower (I show it twice so it's easier to understand, something like 6:30). The orb bug should be at 5:00 I guess, and for the Phoenix Talon, it's right after nuking the second tower.

Get replay.

Last edited by Planeshift on Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Replay.)

Planeshift
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

[Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list Empty Re: [Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list

Post  Planeshift Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:50 am

Other bugs found by my teammate during a game, yesterday :

Angry Ogre : Ultimate is a little buggy, as we can see at 27:00 on the Wildkin. It makes him go out of the regular bounds of the map Mad

Pit Fighter : 47:30, duel with Sir Roland : right after killing Sir Roland, at the end of the pit fight, he just respawned where he was before pit fight (and got killed a second time Surprised ).

Get the replay

PS : Hum, yes, as you can see, my gameplay is a bit newbie Rolling Eyes

Planeshift
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

[Bug Report] Planeshift's bug list Empty :o

Post  Planeshift Fri May 01, 2009 10:21 am

New version, new bugs found. I have found some earlier but due to lack of time, I couldn't put them on the forum.

Typo and icons errors :

• I don't know if it's an icon error, but the Fanaticism permanent aura buff is the same has the endurance aura. Anyway, there is a typo error on this aura : the description is shorten to : "This unit is under the effects of the Fanaticism aura ; if it casts a spell "
  • The Blood Thirst of the Demon Knight has the wrong permanent buff aura : it reads Vampiric Aura and the Vampiric Aura description.
  • The illusions of the Spirit of Vengeance last about 16 seconds, not 8 seconds, as we can read in the description of the skill.

Minor bugs :

• The Bind skill, from the Snake Charmer, can be leveled at any level : it doesn't have any requirements. That means that you can up it to level 4 at level 4...
  • Dunno if it's really a bug, but : the Disruptor can't attack the Wildkin and the Giant Turtle, due to their magic protection.
  • You cannot use the rune-spell that doubles your damage and the Thor's Edge (first spell of Thor the Thunder viking) at the same time. More preciseley, when using one, you will always cast both, and only the rune will take effects. This is not really boring, as the Thor's Edge is actually very strong without any bonus damage, but you can't save your rune for later if you want to use Thor's Edge.

Ordinary bugs :

• Whenever you cast the Shadow Wave of the Warlock, you will not teleport to the targeted location, but always to the maximum range of your spell. However, the thunderclap that happens after teleporting will be located where you clicked.
  • The Demon Knight ulti, Hell Fire, is not working. While loosing hp, you don't gain any bonus damage, either when attacking or as an effect. Pretty annoying.
  • Dahaka has his leap a bit bugged : first, is it normal that you get into Frenzy and the stomps two seconds after the leap ? Then, stomps may continue even after swapping to the position you were when swapping (I saw this one often, and it works well on the last one).

Major bugs :

• Found while playing on Bnet ; someone in my team has Raven (Shinobi, with Multiplicity). He took the History of perSonas and, while holding it, used his ulti : two clones, with the books, were created. When they died, at the end of the spells, their books dropped. He repeated the bugs and our team ended with 5 History of perSonas...

That's all folks Very Happy

Planeshift
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Fri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Planeshift wrote:I don't know if it's an icon error, but the Fanaticism permanent aura buff is the same has the endurance aura. Anyway, there is a typo error on this aura : the description is shorten to : "This unit is under the effects of the Fanaticism aura ; if it casts a spell "

I've noticed the tooltip problem but I'm not sure what's causing it. The editor has the full text.

Planeshift wrote:The Blood Thirst of the Demon Knight has the wrong permanent buff aura : it reads Vampiric Aura and the Vampiric Aura description.

Good catch, if that's the case.

Vengeance is a problematic hero anyway so I'm not too concerned about this particular issue.

Planeshift wrote:The Bind skill, from the Snake Charmer, can be leveled at any level : it doesn't have any requirements. That means that you can up it to level 4 at level 4...

Not quite. Instead of leveling 1/3/5/7 it levels 0/2/4/6. Still a bug though, thanks for pointing it out.

Planeshift wrote:Dunno if it's really a bug, but : the Disruptor can't attack the Wildkin and the Giant Turtle, due to their magic protection.

Or Maiev, or Illidan. That's why you get two heroes, I guess.

Planeshift wrote:You cannot use the rune-spell that doubles your damage and the Thor's Edge (first spell of Thor the Thunder viking) at the same time. More preciseley, when using one, you will always cast both, and only the rune will take effects. This is not really boring, as the Thor's Edge is actually very strong without any bonus damage, but you can't save your rune for later if you want to use Thor's Edge.

Ah yes, they're both Roar. That's too bad.

Planeshift wrote:Whenever you cast the Shadow Wave of the Warlock, you will not teleport to the targeted location, but always to the maximum range of your spell. However, the thunderclap that happens after teleporting will be located where you clicked.

Oh, good call.

Planeshift wrote:The Demon Knight ulti, Hell Fire, is not working. While loosing hp, you don't gain any bonus damage, either when attacking or as an effect. Pretty annoying.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. We will be reworking this ability for a completely different reason, and it should take care of this problem.

Planeshift wrote:Dahaka has his leap a bit bugged : first, is it normal that you get into Frenzy and the stomps two seconds after the leap ? Then, stomps may continue even after swapping to the position you were when swapping (I saw this one often, and it works well on the last one).

Yeah, this is...all normal, actually. It's a bit of a strange ability, but the hero's supposed to be a bit strange. If you can figure out a way to take advantage of either, more power to you.

Planeshift wrote:Found while playing on Bnet ; someone in my team has Raven (Shinobi, with Multiplicity). He took the History of perSonas and, while holding it, used his ulti : two clones, with the books, were created. When they died, at the end of the spells, their books dropped. He repeated the bugs and our team ended with 5 History of perSonas...

Yeah, known bug. Annoying one too. What to do, hmm...probably just ban clones from getting the books.

--

Thanks, good list of stuff. I had forgotten about a few of these issues so I'm glad you reminded me.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Planeshift Sat May 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Glad I helped you Surprised

Here are some bugs I remind from the many games I did those last two weeks. Huh.

Typos and icons errors :

• Sin's ultimate, Shadowstep, misses the Cooldown in the learned description. The learning description has it, though.
  • Bengal's Sylvan Instinct misses the bonus damage precision in the learned description : we know he does bonus damage, but not how much. Moreover (is this really important...?), in the learning description, there are interlines between levels ( a |n that should not be, I guess).
  • Alchemist's Transmute has a 60/50/40/30 sec cooldown, not a 40 sec cooldown.

Minor bugs :
  • Shakti, our favorite Shadow Hunter, can go everywhere. I mean, even to the Pit, in almost three jumps. Well, most of the leapers can...
    The Serpent Spear is also a bit strange : if you target a point, it will go for the full 1000 range. However, targeting a unit will make the spear stops whenever it encounters the unit.
  • Sometimes, Dahaka's ultimate, Ground Slam, will only do the thunderclap. I didn't keep the replays, but me and another player were both using ultimate and sometimes, no massive stun. And so, no kills :C . Blah.
  • Kal'jin the Snake Charmer : His Fork will always, as a first effect, reset all cooldowns. Then you use a spell (double effect) and use Fork, which will reset cooldowns (again). I don't know it it's normal or a bug, but description says the cooldowns reseting should only happen after the spellcast, so... His wards can also be killed by some spells, for example the Poison Arrow from Elven Ranger. Don't know if it's normal, nevertheless.
  • Whenever there are leavers, the kills/deaths in the menu bar can just stop working, and put at 35/40. Strange.
  • [*}Sometimes, you can assist your own death. This one always makes us laugh, especially the first time I saw it : a newbie was killed by Neutral Creeps, and he assisted his own death Laughing .

And... that's all I can remember right now... Maybe more later, if I can remember more or find more... duh...

PS : Oh, and for the Raven bug, maybe you could create simili-books that don't drop on deaths, nah ? Or just ban them, yeah.

Planeshift
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Planeshift wrote:Shakti, our favorite Shadow Hunter, can go everywhere. I mean, even to the Pit, in almost three jumps. Well, most of the leapers can...

I'm not sure we really care if you want to waste your time going to such places. Is there some serious abuse?

Planeshift wrote:The Serpent Spear is also a bit strange : if you target a point, it will go for the full 1000 range. However, targeting a unit will make the spear stops whenever it encounters the unit.

Working as intended.

Planeshift wrote:Sometimes, Dahaka's ultimate, Ground Slam, will only do the thunderclap. I didn't keep the replays, but me and another player were both using ultimate and sometimes, no massive stun. And so, no kills :C . Blah.

I have absolutely no idea why it does this. Must be a bug in the caster system, I think. Dahaka needs remaking anyway, though.

Planeshift wrote:Kal'jin the Snake Charmer : His Fork will always, as a first effect, reset all cooldowns. Then you use a spell (double effect) and use Fork, which will reset cooldowns (again). I don't know it it's normal or a bug, but description says the cooldowns reseting should only happen after the spellcast, so... His wards can also be killed by some spells, for example the Poison Arrow from Elven Ranger. Don't know if it's normal, nevertheless.

All working as intended.

Planeshift wrote:Whenever there are leavers, the kills/deaths in the menu bar can just stop working, and put at 35/40. Strange.

OMG IS THAT WHAT CAUSES IT THANK YOU OMG I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FUCKING FIGURE THAT SHIT OUT.

I will take a look at that code.

Planeshift wrote:Sometimes, you can assist your own death. This one always makes us laugh, especially the first time I saw it : a newbie was killed by Neutral Creeps, and he assisted his own death Laughing .

I don't quite get why this happens. I've noticed it too and will take a look at a few pieces of code.

Planeshift wrote:PS : Oh, and for the Raven bug, maybe you could create simili-books that don't drop on deaths, nah ? Or just ban them, yeah.

Images don't swap or regenerate shields, so there is little purpose to their being able to carry books anyway. Non-issue.

Thanks again for the bugs.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down