perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaznes' list of tooltip errors

2 posters

Go down

Kaznes' list of tooltip errors Empty Kaznes'' list of tooltip errors

Post  Kaznes Mon May 18, 2009 11:47 pm

I have a lot, so I sub-divided them into groups (sounds awkward/grammar problem, typo, and other). Forgive me in advance for being overly nit-picky on some of these. :S

Typos:

1 ) Blademaster tavern selection tooltip lists his abilities as:

"...
Blade Storm
Blade Dance
..."

When you select him, however, he has the abilities "Blade Rage" and "Bladestorm" (no space).

2 ) Healing Salve Tooltip reads:

"Contains one charges." Obviously, charges is plural when it shouldn't be. :p

3 ) Earth Panda Tooltip (Learn Rock the House) reads:

"The Earth Panda throws himself into a trance and claps group every second." I think you just forgot a "the" inbetween "claps" and "ground."

4 ) Paladin Tooltip (Learn Vindication) reads:

"This effect stacks, making the each successive attack..." Take out the extra "the" and it's fine.

5 ) Wind Panda Tooltip (Force Fling) reads:

"Shoves a unit back with the power of the wind, forcing them to fly backwards 400 distance from the direction it was facing facing." There are two "facings" in the tooltip, which is the typo.

6 ) Warchief Tooltip (Learn Summon Feral Wolves) reads:

"Summons 2 Feral Wolves to fight the Far Seer's enemies." The problem is that the Warchief is not called "Far Seer." I assume you just forgot to remove this from the original default tooltip.

7 ) Spirit of Vengeance Tooltip (Learn Silent Finale) reads:

"... the targeted unit will take extra damage based of off the damage..." Switch the "of" and "off" and it's okay.

8 ) Sin Tooltip (Learn Shadowstep) reads:

"In addition, Sin'sattacks will pierce shields..." Just add a space between Sin's and attacks.

Sounds Awkward/Grammar Problem:

1 ) Wind Panda Tooltip (Learn Force Fling) reads:

"Drastically slows their movement speed for some amount of seconds." While it isn't really an error, it just sounds weird. Maybe re-phrase it as "Drastically slows their movement speed for some duration."

2 ) Wind Panda Tooltip (Learn Twisted Fury) reads:

"Mushu channels the power of the wind in the target AoE, pulling all the units in over 2 seconds, and then damages them and burns away..." The sentence is something of a run-on, and the tense is wrong on "damages." These can be fixed by saying, instead, "Mushu channels the power of the wind in the target AoE, pulling all enemy units in over 2 seconds and damaging them. In addition, it burns away..."

3 ) Wind Panda Tooltip (Force Fling) reads:

"Shoves a unit back with the power of the wind, forcing them to fly backwards 400 distance from the direction it was facing facing."

The grammatical error is that "them" should be replaced with "it."

4 ) Pit Fighter Tooltip (No Mercy) reads:

"On attack, Nemesis has a 20% chance to gain Victory Rush, increases attack speed by..." "Increases" should be "increasing."

Other:

1 ) Wind Panda Tooltip (Storm Ripple) says, in red:

"Minimum cast range of 450." This confused me a bit, seeing as Storm Ripple has no minimum cast range (I was even able to cast it directly on myself, which made it shoot in the direction I was facing).

2 ) Moon Blade Buff reads:

"Gives a bonus of 8% to Movement Speed." This confused me, because Moon Blade's tooltip says "Increases movement speed by 10%."

3 ) In F9 (Information), under the category for Shields, it says "...but if you take damage during that time, i"

It seemed to be cut off. I don't know what the rest of the text would have said exactly, even though I understand the basic idea.

(Sorry if any of these are duplicates, I didn't look through the typos other people had found, just posted the ones I found.)

<Edit 1: Added number 3 to Other; Added number 8 to Typos.>

Last edited by Kaznes on Sat May 23, 2009 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Kaznes
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Kaznes' list of tooltip errors Empty Re: Kaznes' list of tooltip errors

Post  so.SuaVe Tue May 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks! Great catches.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down