perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Report a Bug

Go down

How to Report a Bug Empty How to Report a Bug

Post  Bengal_Tigger Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Pretty simple. Just be specific about what the bug is, and what situation you discovered it in, and how sure you are about it (like, did it happen multiple times?). Then just stick a tag in front of your post title explaining a bit about what kind of bug it is and how serious.

I'll give you a few examples using old bugs which we've fixed. Topic title is in bold.

[Major Bug - Shield System] Shield System letting damage through.

The shields occasionally fail to stop a nuke from damaging your hp. Not really sure why, but it seems like if you don't take damage for a little while the next hit will hurt your HP as well as your shields.

(Sample response from me: Yes, you're correct. We know about this issue and are working on fixing it. -- We've since redone the shield system and eliminated this bug. Wink)

[Typo - Sea Witch] Strafe tooltip typo.

Strafe level 3 says it increases attack speed by 750%. It should be 75%. The actual ability does add 75%, it's just an extra 0 in the tooltip.

(Sample response from me: Thanks, I'll be fixing all the typos in one big batch. This will definitely be on the list. It'll be soon, don't worry. -- I actually just fixed this tooltip and decided it would be a good addition to the thread.)

[Major Hero Bug - Disruptor] Disruptor's Ult deals no damage.

Simple as that - the Disruptor's Ult is not doing any damage! I used it several times on heroes and it didn't do anything.

(Sample response from me: Oh snap. Good catch, I just checked and you're absolutely right. We'll get right on that. -- We've since fixed that.)

[Minor Bug - Spell Graphics] Marine's Sonic Shell

Marine's Sonic Shell missile is invisible. It's not game-breaking or anything, but it's a bit confusing. It's still dealing damage as it's supposed to, you just can't see it.

(Sample response from me: Thanks, we'll take a look at that. -- I actually made up this bug, it never existed but I wanted to throw in a sample minor bug. And it's the "Big Game Hunter," not the "Marine," but we'll know what you mean. Wink)

[Very Major Bug - Fatal Error] Earth Panda's Ultimate

The Earth Panda's Ultimate is giving us fatal errors when it's used. Not every single time, but enough times that we're pretty sure that's what's causing it. This seems like a very serious problem.

(Sample response from me: You're not kidding! I'll take a look and see if that's really true. Okay, I just checked and yeah it's causing some weird errors. We'll take a look into the ability and see what's up with it. -- We've since fixed that. It was NOT a fun bug to figure out lol.)
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down