perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hero Spicing

+3
Alexius
Bengal_Tigger
so.SuaVe
7 posters

Go down

Hero Spicing Empty Hero Spicing

Post  so.SuaVe Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:04 am

Just to keep you guys in the loop, we have some exciting plans for b3. Really exciting plans.

Bengal and I have both had some shocking revelations as we learn more and more from playing perSonas about its balance and its replayablity. While we both think we've made a good map, we don't think it's amazing -- yet. We promise to deliver a much better game in b3.

Our goal is simple: make every single hero a viable option and make sure every single hero is really fun to play. That means we're going through and adding spice to every hero we feel is lackluster; we are trying to make sure that we can -random any game and be satisfied with the hero we get.

We're equally excited about what this means for the game! We know you guys like it so far, but we really want to take the game to the next level, and as a result, we're being meticulous about the details of every hero and whether they are actually fun to use or play. So if you guys have any input or suggestions on spicing up your favorite heroes, please throw them our way. We're actively listening and improving the map as we speak.

The other thing I learned from you guys is that you want more items; we'll try to deliver some new ones on that account as well.

Here are some things that are happening for sure:
- a completely new sniper who's about 20x more fun to play and about 20x better
- redefined abilities for most heroes
- some heroes are getting up to two or three abiltiies reworked
- a new grove guardian is planned
- at least 4-8 more new heroes are planned as well
- remakes for lund, the stormcaller
- hardcore balance testing and general ability balancing
- more defensive items
- reworking more basic abiltiies to have fun twists that rely more skill on using them
- secret heroes that are only attainable through -random (although some of them are complete joke heroes who only have 1 life, after whihc you will have to repick a real hero -- each of those will have an auto repick option in their inventory. we're just throwing them in because ... well... you'll see)

we're gonna take our time with b3 and we're gonna test it heavily before we release it. but we do expect and want a beta team to play this, and the beta maps ARE going to be closed. this means if your on the beta test list, you will be able to play. otherwise the game will not work. so please get your names to us so we can add it to the beta map's 'safelist.'

thanks for your support guys!
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Hero Spicing Empty Re: Hero Spicing

Post  Bengal_Tigger Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:30 pm

I'm also very excited about b3.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexius Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:31 am

Hey there! I was wondering how I can help with betatesting? I'm loving your map and I think it had a giant amount of potential; I'd be glad to help along with its development. My Bnet name on USEast is Asaph.

-A

Alexius

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 am

Cool, make a post in the Chit Chat sign up thread so I don't forget about you.

Updates for b3:

Stormcaller will not be present.
We have 5 new heroes planned.
About half the heroes in the game are getting serious remakes.
We will have somewhere between 5 and 10 new items.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hero Spicing Empty Recarnation?

Post  ElemistHier Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I think you should do somthing about that skill. I think it is quite rigged. its like fighting against 2 heros after another. could u like replace it with somthing like.. shield bash i dont know anything or rework it like having no shield after recarn.

ElemistHier

Back to top Go down

Hero Spicing Empty Reincarnation

Post  RelentlessTILT Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:19 pm

You guys should just set his life to be like 25/35/50% when he reincarnates. And mana should be 0, or maybe 10/20/30%. That way he's not a whole new hero, just half of one.
RelentlessTILT
RelentlessTILT

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 pm

RelentlessTILT wrote:You guys should just set his life to be like 25/35/50% when he reincarnates. And mana should be 0, or maybe 10/20/30%. That way he's not a whole new hero, just half of one.

This can't be coded satisfactorily.

We'd much rather replace the ability with something less boring in any case.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anal_Samurai Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:30 am

I already think the game is amazing Razz. Anyway, the whole "secret hero" thing I think is a bit over done. And if everyone is trying to random to get it, people are going to end up with crappy combos. pale
Anal_Samurai
Anal_Samurai

Back to top Go down

Hero Spicing Empty Snake Charmer is abit overpowered when used correctly.

Post  korgathv Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:42 am

Heres the deal, fork in use with his ultimate the teleport thing is a little rediculous because u have a maximum of 3 teleports one before fork one after and another one after you cast ward or shackle. Giving him all sheild/tank items will make him nearly invincible more, so i suppose if he has the books which he can solo the wildkin and turtle at level 9 so I almost always get the books. Whenever I play him like this most people QQ or leave or say omg how gay that heroes op ect. I think you should look into this because I think the best way to fix this problem is that after ward/shackle is cast when you have the fork buff the cooldowns on all spells should not be reset I'll leave it up to you if you want to completely take out the last cooldown reset or if you want to only have the spell you cast have the cooldown reset. That said im looking forward to b3 and I also would like in on the beta testing Smile .

Last edited by korgathv on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad grammar =P)

korgathv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down