perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELx's hero! :)

+2
goodyboy313
eLxPersonas
6 posters

Go down

ELx's hero! :) Empty ELx's hero! :)

Post  eLxPersonas Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 am

Soldier

Abilities:
Camouflage: While immobile the soldier can become invisible for 10/15/20/25 seconds deals a bonus 25/50/75/100 damage if brake you this on an attack. CD: 45/50/55/60 Target info: No target
C4: throw a c4 bomb at target area, use this ability again to detonate it, does 75/150/225/300 damage on explosion. C: 20 Target info: Target area / no target.
Sticky-nade: The soldier throws a sticky-nade at a target witch blows up in 3 seconds dealing 150/200/250/300 to whoever it sticks too and 50/100/150/200 to near by units. CD: 15 Target info: Target ground/unit Not homing.
(Ultimate) Heat-vision goggles: For 10/20/30 seconds your visibility becomes 0 but all units become visible in a 1000 radius, even ones behind vision blockers.

MS: 280 AR: 1.1
Default stats.
Primary: Agi
Attack range: 400

PROS: Good spikes, anti gank
CONS: Slow, not powerful ulti, no get away, only 400 attack range, week against tanks.

Modle: Space Marine

eLxPersonas

Back to top Go down

ELx's hero! :) Empty Re: ELx's hero! :)

Post  goodyboy313 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:34 am

i like the idea... maybe not have the c4 throwable tho. cuz im pretty shure they dont throw c4 in real life? im not too shure but it kinda sounded silly to me. great idea i think tho!

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:37 am

They do, that's the beauty of C4. It is literally a plastic material and as such it can be stepped on, cut, and dropped without being triggered.

The hero sounds good but sticky-nade sounds pretty simple and heat vision goggles is sort of boring.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

http://gocguild.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:39 am

hmm well i think the sticky grenade would be pretty funny to use just cuz when it hits an enemy hero it would be funny to see them try to run away from their own allies to reduce the damgae you do. and maybe the heat vision goggles would give you some sort of buff other than being able to see through objects?

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:26 am

Cokemonkey11 wrote:The hero sounds good but sticky-nade sounds pretty simple and heat vision goggles is sort of boring.

This summarizes my thoughts at the moment. I could criticize further, but these are the most salient points.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eLxPersonas Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:27 pm

goodyboy313 wrote:i like the idea... maybe not have the c4 throwable tho. cuz im pretty shure they dont throw c4 in real life? im not too shure but it kinda sounded silly to me. great idea i think tho!
in cod4 u can throw c4 and i was playing that when i thought of this

eLxPersonas

Back to top Go down

Post  eLxPersonas Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Cokemonkey11 wrote:They do, that's the beauty of C4. It is literally a plastic material and as such it can be stepped on, cut, and dropped without being triggered.

The hero sounds good but sticky-nade sounds pretty simple and heat vision goggles is sort of boring.
i agree heat goggles are boring, would be cool on wc3 tho, and didn't want a generic nuke ulti/damage ulti, also sticky nade would be a challenge to make, well for me anyways. i was originally thinking of a sniper scope for an ulti, but he is not a sniper, and with goggles u can hide while looking to see if they walk near your c4, so u can blow it up and throw a nade over the blocked area it also shows invisible heros. Thanks for the constructive criticism though,
ELx

eLxPersonas

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:36 pm

i agree heat goggles are boring, would be cool on wc3 tho, and didn't want a generic nuke ulti/damage ulti

That much I agree with, but you just didn't take a potentially good idea far enough.

also sticky nade would be a challenge to make, well for me anyways.

You mean code-wise? Doesn't seem hard to do.

i was originally thinking of a sniper scope for an ulti, but he is not a sniper,

The sharpshooter remake will have something along these lines.

Is c4 invisible?
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eLxPersonas Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:02 pm

Well, first ive made so many things with sniper scope its just boring to me, also c4 is not invisible it is made as a neutral unit so your enemies has to see it to kill it, and i use gui with custom scripts, but im not that great at jass so when i made heat vision for my fps it took me like 1-week to get it working properly so i would consider that a challenge, maybe not for you tho because your prolly a better mapper than me same with the sticky cause when i would make it stick i would make it showing that it is stuck not just as a buff but an actual model on the hero/unit

eLxPersonas

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:31 pm

eLxPersonas wrote:
Cokemonkey11 wrote:They do, that's the beauty of C4. It is literally a plastic material and as such it can be stepped on, cut, and dropped without being triggered.

i agree heat goggles are boring, would be cool on wc3 tho, and didn't want a generic nuke ulti/damage ulti, also sticky nade would be a challenge to make, well for me anyways. i was originally thinking of a sniper scope for an ulti, but he is not a sniper, and with goggles u can hide while looking to see if they walk near your c4, so u can blow it up and throw a nade over the blocked area it also shows invisible heros. Thanks for the constructive criticism though,
ELx

Actually I thought heat-vision was a great idea in FPS (http://www.dystopia-game.com/) But for wc3 it seemed boring.

How about for his ultimate you give him a gps ability that passively pings all enemies every x seconds (30,20,10)
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  eLxPersonas Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 pm

thats rigged

eLxPersonas

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 pm

It's not, and even so numbers can be changed. 60/40/20 could just as easily happen.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Quanfinigon Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:41 pm

Is there a way to make heat-vision negate any evasion chance the defender has? Accuracy is nice.

If you make the stickynade stun briefly (like .5 or 1 sec max) and explode all units away from the target it would be nice for chasing because then creeps don't get in your way.

Having no movement on camo is a nice limitation, but you should make it worth the bother, by increasing the surprise damage or something. Also, cooldowns that go up as you lvl are bad. Perhaps a ww that reduces your ms by 50% or so is reasonable. Keep in mind that there are enough towers around to make invisibility of any type a lategame move, not early.

C4 and stickynade is a powerful combo, but I think you should only keep one of them. Too many nukes can be unbalanced. Perhaps a disable would fit, such as slowing as/ms for a target or area.
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Unfortunately, the marine model is already (think BGH)

Did you have another model in mind?
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:58 pm

The orc chaos marine guy or whatever it's called could work.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down