perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for perSonas b4

5 posters

Go down

Idea for perSonas b4 Empty Idea for perSonas b4

Post  Kaznes Sat May 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Well, I have been thinking recently about the designated observer slots, and the pros and cons. Then, I had an idea that I think would greatly improve gameplay in public and private games, utilizing the designated observer system.

Instead of calling the Orange and Brown slots "Observers" call them "Reserve Players" or something, and give them both access to a command (-fill [color] maybe) that allows them to take over a player's hero and resources if that player has left the game.

Think about it; how many times has a perfectly good game been ruined by a lag out or a leaver? In private games, the odd man out, or designated reserve players could take over players who lag out, and in public games, if people choose to, they could be a reserve player, and be a lifesaver when that first player leaves 3 minutes into the game. I think this would not only be a great improvement from the current way, but it would also give a visible advantage over other AoS type games where teams can become unbalanced fro a leaver or two, and there isn't much you can do about it.

Something to consider at any rate. Very Happy

Kaznes
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Idea for perSonas b4 Empty Re: Idea for perSonas b4

Post  shadowdon Sat May 23, 2009 8:59 pm

wow i had never thought of that. That is an awsome idea though. I personally like 2v2 games and when one leaves it makes a HUGE difference. so yeah havin reserves would be really cool!!
shadowdon
shadowdon

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Thu May 28, 2009 12:56 am

great idea

this should work well, especially since we intend to create an autobalance feature
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowdon Thu May 28, 2009 5:10 pm

what about if there are no players to take over for leavers just having an AI take over for them.
shadowdon
shadowdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Thu May 28, 2009 5:56 pm

shadowdon wrote:what about if there are no players to take over for leavers just having an AI take over for them.

This would mean coding an AI.

Besides, have you seen how bad the DotA AIs are?
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Planeshift Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Besides, do you have any idea how COMPLICATED the AI should be to be worthy ? Laughing

Planeshift
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowdon Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 pm

yeah i figured it would be hard. and now that i think about it i have NEVER seen a good AI. Either they are stupid as hell and dont do anything but give out free kills to people or they are WAY to good and no1 stands a chance agianst them.
shadowdon
shadowdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down