perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items

3 posters

Go down

Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items Empty Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items

Post  Mr. Nemo Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:13 pm

As I said, the water wizard has an aura that regens 20 mana per second. This is not a problem if it wasn't the fact that items that give off a mana regen didn't stack with it. Because of this problem, The hero can have up to a 35 mana regen per second. Since shield damage is a 1:1 ratio and is dealt first, the hero effectively has 35 regen, as well as any other regen that can apply to health. Another thing you should check is if health items regens stack. If you are not careful, a player could just stack that item and basically only die if he is ganked.
Mr. Nemo
Mr. Nemo

Back to top Go down

Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items Empty Re: Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items

Post  so.SuaVe Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:48 pm

This isn't a bug; it's a balance discussion.

In terms of a real fight, this means Water Wizard has more of a chance to survive if he runs away -- it doesn't mean anything as for making him a better fighter in team, which is what really counts in perSonas fights.

Try fighting as water wizard sometime, and see if you can survive all that easily.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items Empty Re: Aquos, The Water Wizard Shield Regen Stacks With Items

Post  Mr. Nemo Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:55 pm

I realized my statement from before after reading the heroes and their stradegies. It took me too long to come back and edit out my mistake. Still the regen is a bit much. I have played as the character, raised my armor by quite a bit (65% reduction) and was able to relieve a lot of the damage that was being dealt with the regen. If this isn't a problem for Aquos, the concept of regen can be a problem for health. Although off topic, what do you think of the health regen stacking to such a degree? do you believe that will become a problem if someone carries too many of such items?

edit: in game, when reading the tooltip for the built-in mana regen for aquos, it doesn't say they can stack. You should put that in so it is known you could that without having to go to this site for proof that is supposed to work.
Mr. Nemo
Mr. Nemo

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 pm

Typically shorter tooltips mean people are more likely to read them. True fact.

It's helpful in the mana item though to say that it will stack with your auras in case youre interested in buying it then. So that's a good thing to point out.

Ultimately, regen has never really seemed to crop up concern for imbalance yet. No where close to disables and high-end combat seems to effect the game.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:13 pm

Stacking health regen is good but you sacrifice a lot to stack it. I don't think it's really worthwhile except in rare cases.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down