perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix knight and cenarius combo

3 posters

Go down

Phoenix knight and cenarius combo Empty Phoenix knight and cenarius combo

Post  Honorthefallen Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 pm

I've been playing personas for a couple days and ill tell you, i love this map, ill never play dota again. This map is much more creative and fun, however their are a couple issues that may need to be addressed.

For one, the game suffers from one of dotas fundamental problems (lack of durability in heros) generally your life bar/shields are too small, now this may be a preference of itemization (buy for more then +dmg/ias/orbs etc) However by the time im level 3, I already have two combos to insta gank an enemy hero.

It depends on my strategy, if I want to insta gank people by level 3 i use phoneix knight and cenairus
At rank1 cenarious roots hit for 100 (twice his level 1 nuke) and root for 2 seconds
Then I use my instant nuke(rank2) for an additional 160 damage, inbetween this at level 3 you hit for
about 50 damage.

Total: 310 damage (shield is down, even intelligence heros at this point there shields are down if its a strength hero your already into their hp.

Switch to knight, 100 damage aoe 1.4 second stun, (rank 2) run up melee range chase, my dragon fire does about 24 dmg per second. melee attacks virtually same as ranged higher top end (slightly) lower minimum (slightly) this pattern stays consistent regardless of level by the way. Cenarius attacks have a range of 4-5 numbers while the knight has a range of 10. I.E, 44-49 vs 42-52

So about this time I have single handedly brought them down

Rank 1 roots: 100 damage
Rank 2 nuke: 260 damage
auto attack x2: 360 damage
Aoe stun rank 2: 460 damage
Melee attacks: 610 damage
Phoenix fire chase (29 per second) 710 damage.

That typically outweighs any heros life+shield total at level 3. That assumes my partner sits with his thumb up his but and dosent use his stun/cc. (every hero has some sort of slow/stun/root nuke etc.)

Summary:
Cenarious roots may need a tweak in lower duration .5 second per level be cool. (most ccs at level 1 dont get near 2.0 seconds ive noticed) At the same time its damage stays on par with its nuke counterparts, because of the higher duration... you be the judge of cc+damage balance for this roots.
General hp/shields need an increase, deaths occure too often too fast if heros used properly.
Immolation on knight may be a little strong, 29(per second) at level 1 and up.

Still reviewing the damage reduction+reflection skill, its inherently very powerful and very hard to spot when in use (all he does is lift his shield no sound at all) this is a skill when fighitng him in melee you have to watch out for.

Honorthefallen

Back to top Go down

Phoenix knight and cenarius combo Empty Re: Phoenix knight and cenarius combo

Post  Bengal_Tigger Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 pm

You're playing people who don't know what they're doing. They could easily swap out of your Roots, for one thing. If they don't have any way to stop this between BOTH of their heroes and they're playing far enough away from their tower that you could do this, well...they deserve their fate.

That said, both of these heroes are being remade somewhat in b3.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:41 am

I also dont understand how you can manage four-five attacks during this whole process.

It DOES sound like you're a better player than the average pubby though. The issue is that most players understand the offensive part of perSonas -- but they dont know the defensive part.

Switching will cancel out roots instantly. Without roots, you don't have your two free attacks. At this point, they can choose to back off a bit, or give you a little bit of their own flavor with their heroes. After all, every player has a hero who is capable of SOMETHING. it's not like we're all controlling ice frogs (:-P)
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Honorthefallen Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 am

It also helps that the phoenix knights stun is a non target aoe, so i can lead them even if they do break the roots Smile

Honorthefallen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down