perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PerSonas Trivia!

4 posters

Go down

PerSonas Trivia! Empty PerSonas Trivia!

Post  NemesisMoose Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 am

I think I'm going to set this up with 2 elements: 1 being trivia stated, Snapple-style, for the edification of others. The 2nd element being trivia questions about perSonas, for others to answer. If you think you have a trivia question, ask away--that is, if you can answer the previous trivia question in limbo.

"Real" "Fact" #1: The word "trivia" comes from Latin, with its roots meaning "Three Roads". The origin of this is from merchants setting up shops in road junctions, as more passers-by meant more might-be clientele. This led to junctions becoming minor gathering places, in constant conversation. The events and gossip taking place in these junctions was unimportant, common things. Hence, our word trivia means things that no one cares about.

Question: What does Ceraunomancy mean literally? (Hint: It's Greek.)
NemesisMoose
NemesisMoose
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

PerSonas Trivia! Empty Re: PerSonas Trivia!

Post  Cokemonkey11 Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 am

cerauno- is thunder and lightning while -mancy means inspired by god (divination or creation)

So ceraunomancer is he who brings fourth or summons thunder and lightning.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

http://gocguild.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post  NemesisMoose Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Yup. κεραυνος = 2nd decl. noun, lightning.

While we're dealing with Greek, how many heroes in perSonas have Greek names? This means the actual hero name, not the hero type. (i.e. Ceraunomancer doesn't count, as his name, "Anderung", is German.)
NemesisMoose
NemesisMoose
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NemesisMoose Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Not to make everything about etymology and linguistics (feel free, please, to veer this thread away from them), but here's "Real" "Fact" #2:

The word "persona" in Latin means "person", and it most likely comes from the Etruscan "phersu", meaning "mask".
NemesisMoose
NemesisMoose
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:47 am

Moose: Two. But I'm not saying which two.

Here's a good trivia question: Which heroes are the OLDEST - meaning, first appeared in perSonas? There are a good 10 or 15 heroes which are much, much older than the rest of them. Listing 8 will be considered a correct answer.

Bonus question: Which ITEMS are the oldest? There are 7 correct answers, 5 will be considered a passing score. We care about the item's NAME and THEME for this question, not its FUNCTION or STATS, which may have changed.

One more question, for those who aren't familiar with the early versions of perSonas: Silences in perSonas are very strong, as they prevent enemies from casting spells, including perSona swap. There are only 4 heroes who have a silencing effect - this isn't counting stuns, which disable heroes completely (and are also extremely strong), or other disables like Hex. Which heroes have SILENCES?
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rockerbros Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 pm

hrm... I know Satyr and Vengful Spirit have silences...not sure who else though. Is Big Game Hunter's bomb a silence...? I just try to avoid it and when it hits I usually just run away lol. I think the banshee chick might also have one...I've only played her once a long time ago.
rockerbros
rockerbros
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  NemesisMoose Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 am

First order of business: Heroes with silences! Satyr and Vengeful Spirit both gots dem, and as for the other two, Wind Panda and Pit Fighter both have ultimates with silences. I assume those are the other two, Bengal?

Second: Yes, there are two heroes with Greek names. Asterion (The Minotaur) is one. There is a little discord in the mythology, but I'll interpret the name Asterion to be the name of the Minotaur himself in the labyrinth at Crete. The other hero is, of course, Nemesis (The Pit Fighter).
NemesisMoose
NemesisMoose
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down