perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Nightmare

4 posters

Go down

Living Nightmare Empty Living Nightmare

Post  Dyslexai Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

I discussed this concept with Bengal a bit last night, I'll post what I have so far. Feedback is appreciated.

First off, this idea requires a bit of explanation. Basically, there's two different heroes that I have in mind, one is basically a physical manifestation of a dream, and the other, a nightmare. I'm thinking something along the lines of fairy dragon for the dream creature, and maybe a ghoul for the nightmare. I've only got basic outlines for abilities on the nightmare, Bengal said he had a cool ult in mind for dream. Anyways, I don't know much about mapmaking or any of that, and I wont pretend to know how the map is balanced, so... here goes.

Eddy, the Living Nightmare, Melee strength hero. Damage dealer with low HP. (I'm aware that combat is more suited to that role, but in my opinion, buying combat items will give both attack speed and damage if it's the primary stat, and I think that would be a little too much.)

Skills: I'll start with his ultimate, because I believe that it's his most relevant skill.

Ulti - Ethereal Claws: Passive. The Living Nightmare begins to adjust to the plane of the living, his claws regaining a small amount of their former potency. Gives a small amount of extra damage (maybe 5 a level or something), a small percent chance to deal some amount of damage over time(bleeding) and slow the target, and another small percent chance to act like bash, dealing extra damage with a small stun. Not an orb effect, and both of the chances are separate and can proc at the same time.

Frenzied Dash: Active, point targeted, minimum cast range of maybe 200. Eddy throws himself toward a targeted point, viciously slashing the first unit that he comes in contact with (friend or foe). Due to the ferocious nature of the attack, Eddy will slide past the intended target after dealing damage. If Ethereal Claws is learned, the damaged unit suffers a stun, hopefully long enough for Eddy to run back and slash once or twice.

Gouge: Active, melee range, unit targeted. Eddy sinks his claws deep into the flesh of the enemy, lowering its defenses and making it more vulnerable to other attacks. Deals low to moderate damage, lowers the target's armor, and increases the proc chances on Ethereal Claws (if learned).

Sadistic Slashes: Active, self buff. Sensing his opponent's fear, Eddy flies into a maddened rage for a time, his fervor increasing with each blow. For the duration of the buff, every time Eddy attacks the same enemy, you get an extra X% attack speed and an extra Y% move speed (ms bonus should be low, aspeed bonus should be a bit higher). Bonuses are reset on attacking a different enemy. (Think beastmaster from dota)

Everything is open to negotiation, of course. I was hyped up on coffee when I thought of this, but here it is. I'll post the other creature soon.
Dyslexai
Dyslexai

Back to top Go down

Living Nightmare Empty Re: Living Nightmare

Post  so.SuaVe Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:23 pm

cool theme but I would like to point out how awfully similar this hero is to our rather simple raider:

ulti always does dps and slow (rather than random chance to stun sometimes)

ensnare is similar but not the same as the lunge style move

burst of speed has the same idea as the attack speed/ms increase per attack of this hero (burst is actually way better)

punisher (-armor) is essentially the same idea as damage amplification

can we add some more variety to this guy?
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyslexai Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:09 pm

First of all, I've never actually played the raider, so I would really like to take your words at fault. However, I've read the guide written by Bengal_tigger which describes all of the raider's skills, cooldowns, and effects. You're saying that the raider's ulti always does dps and slow on attack, am I correct? From what I'm reading, it only affects buildings, and slows attack speed, not movement speed. Also, I think that adding a critical strike with a higher chance then the other procs would be good.

Ensnare can be perSona swapped out of, whereas a straight stun cannot. Besides, the stun was only there as an extra perk after level six. You do damage to the enemy, and after level six (assuming that you invested in your ulti), you stun them so you can run back and whack them. The stun doesn't have to be long, a second or two maybe. Ensnare is at maximum a five second hold. Meaning that enemies can still use magic, swap, and the like. I'm sorry, I just don't see what you're saying.

I agree that burst of speed is similar to the speed buff skill, and I'll gladly change it. I had originally thought about making it a passive. Something along the lines of whenever an enemy hero within the AoE fell below a certain percentage of health, the nightmare would get bonus attack and movement speed until the enemy left the AoE, which would be pretty small. I don't want this character to be as much of a chaser as a damage dealer. Using dash to chase would be idiotic, because you slide behind the intended target, I'm thinking 200-300 range, which could mean anything from towers, to teammates, to a creep wave.

And as to the armor debuff, I mostly wanted a skill that you could use to "mark" an enemy unit to take extra damage, and have more of a chance for the claws to take more drastic effects. The armor debuff was put in just as an incentive to make you want to invest in the skill before you hit level six and grab claws, but I could definitely change it up if needed. There's an amount of damage associated with it, but I want the main focus of this character to be a real in-your-face kind of character, thriving on proc chances and increasing his stats. As I said in my initial post, I want him to start with horribly low hp and stats. So he wont stick around long, but with his proc chances and attack speed, his regular attack can pile up some serious pain.
Dyslexai
Dyslexai

Back to top Go down

Post  Quanfinigon Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:14 pm

I really like the frenzied dash, sometimes rushing past the target instead of just up to the target is exactly what you need to execute a good chase, it gives you time to swap and cast off a few nukes before they run out of range
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 am

Liquid fire now affects everything. Raider's punisher ability may not be listed there. That thread is old, sorry. Raider is no longer the anti-building hero we once intended him to be.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum