perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silence stopping swap

4 posters

Go down

Silence stopping swap Empty Silence stopping swap

Post  greatsword Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:17 am

It's about the only thing other than stun that stops hero swapping. With an item that PASSIVELY silences you (personally i think an active silence would be a bit more balanced, but is not as big of a deal as silence stopping swap). The reason for this is because as I'm sure everyone here knows, hero swapping is a great way to get out of debuffs, and silence stops you from doing that, it basically puts you at a huge disadvantage, more so than any non-stun debuff.

If there was a way to make it possible to persona swap to remove silence i think it would keep it from being such an overpowering buff. Or if you intend to keep it that way, perhaps making the silence active so that it's not a constant lockdown would also help to ease the uh, riggedness factor.

greatsword

Back to top Go down

Silence stopping swap Empty Re: Silence stopping swap

Post  Bengal_Tigger Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:06 pm

You're certainly right that Silence is very strong in perSonas, but I don't see the problem. I assume you're speaking of the Moonblade, which has a chance on hit to silence. We may look at the numbers on that, but presumably if you're letting someone farm a Moonblade and can't take advantage of the fact that it offers no hit points or shields whatsoever, then you deserve your fate. Personally I think a Boomstick hurts a lot more.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:56 pm

I wish we had an easy solution.

I don't think adding an AoE silence to an item is very elegant though; we may have to rework moonblade if it becomes such a huge issue.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolishOne9k2 Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:40 am

Something I've noticed with the passive silence, is that an agi based hero with enough attack speed can effectively perma silence you. During one of my games we encountered someone who did this, as a team we pretty much agreed that it was stupid to try to 1v1 him as you would only have your passive skills and cant swap.

I support making it a usable AoE, that way you can get silenced for ~4-5 seconds, but then you are able to act again.

FoolishOne9k2

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:01 am

while i agree on the balance concept, it still makes the item harder to use/implement.

let's make no mistake that this item is indeed our 'butterfly' so maybe we should take the silence off and replace it?

i know i've had a conversation with how Bengal felt about this; since it is a sufficiently expensive item, one person being 'perma silenced' might actually be worth the cost of the Moonblade.

regardless, we realized the proc % was 20, which we have now reduced to 10. maybe that will help matters a bit?
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Reducing the proc from 20% to 10% will help enormously.

I like this item as it is, and I don't think we should change it.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greatsword Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:56 pm

I'm glad that you did something about it, and as I haven't play the game a huge amount perhaps my opinion is not as valid, but most of the cases of it becoming a real problem is when someone gets a couple leaver items and gets it before anyone can really do anything about it, then forcing us into a turtle in order to not lose the game (which is honestly just annoying when you have numbers on your side).

greatsword

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum