perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garrondel the Battle Tank

2 posters

Go down

Garrondel the Battle Tank Empty Garrondel the Battle Tank

Post  Quanfinigon Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Garrondel the Battle Tank

Offensive close range laner and/or chaser.
Attack range: Melee (or maybe range up to 300?)
Main attribute: Strength

ABILITIES

Trample - Garrondel gets ready to run things over. Increases movespeed by 3/6/9/12%, can move through units, and deals 50/100/150/200 to enemies it runs into (or maybe the damage could be based on his str stat?). Lasts 5/6/7/8 secs. Cooldown: ?

Siege Mode - Garrondel becomes immobile, increasing range, damage, splash, and a minimum attack range. Casting time to go to/from Siege Mode is 2/1.5/1.5/1 sec, but you can cast Trample at a mana cost (maybe at hp cost works better?) to escape siege mode quickly Cooldown: none

Armored Plating - Passively increases armor. Either standard armor, damage reduction, or maybe an armor bonus only for attacks coming from the front. This could also work well as a synergy type move, that boosts each other ability. Passive.

Explosive Shells - Autofire attack (like searing arrows), Garrondel's attack does extra damage and stuns the target for 1sec Cooldown: 5/4/3 secs

Any thoughts on number tweaking or an ult? I haven't had a chance to look in detail at every other character, so I'm not sure if there's overlap. Siege mode would change the image into the other tank, I know there's two models for it in ladder. Explosive Shells has the potentail to be overpowered, but notice the cooldown
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Garrondel the Battle Tank Empty Re: Garrondel the Battle Tank

Post  so.SuaVe Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Interesting hero idea.

What model would you be using for this?

1 - Love the immobilzation, but somehow "running through the people and damaging them" doesn't feel very tankish, but more of a phantom type move (like nerubian weaver over someone like spirit breaker)

2 - Siege mode is cool, although I wonder if you can make this the ultimate? Also, I don't understand how immobilization helps you turn back into tank mode quickly.

3 - Armor bonuses are usually boring and/or augmented by items. Usually, we give a hero an armor bonus if we feel he's too good/has too many active abilities, kind of like Ogre. And Ogre's armor aura is actually amazing.

4 - This is actually an interesting idea, although I'm not sure I like it because it's far more annoying (for the enemy) than it is useful. Also, not quite sure how it fits this guy.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  Quanfinigon Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:01 pm

For Trample, I didn't want to have another jump-type move that works the same way as water wizard's, and moving quickly is something vehicles do (although admittedly not tanks).

If you're in siege mode, you can cast trample at a cost to go to normal mode without a casting time, instead of reverting the normal way, which has no cost but a 1sec activation.

The Ult was something I thought of as a filler, I had the others a couldn't come up with something that complemented them. The point is that it's great chasing, and if you have allies around it's deadly.

Instead of the armor bonus, I think having a synergy move would work better, because each of the others has a lot to it, we could shunt one or two of the increases over (such as trample's duration/cooldown and Seige's casting time/splash dmg).

Maybe an explosive move. Or something based on motor oil fire?
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum