perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spike Beast

3 posters

Go down

Spike Beast Empty Spike Beast

Post  goodyboy313 Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

i dont know if you will use this guy but ive been working on him for quite a while now... i havnt got all his skills to work quite yet but maybe you could help. the skills could be changed to lower lvls i have the set to go to lvl 6 right now. some of the skill descriptions are off from the acual dmgs and stuff but, if you do use this they are gonna change anyways. (oh and i just switched the Spike Beast and Spike Minion models because one was way cooler)

Spike-Combat Hero
400 rng atk. has the impale effect.
Custom Model and Skin.
Spike Beast SpikeBeast

Skills:
Skill 1: Spike Nova: Causes spikes to come out of the ground around target causing damage and stun. AoE 500
lvl 1: AoE dmg 100, cast rng 600, 1 sec stun
lvl 2: AoE dmg 150, cast rng 600, 1.5 sec stun
lvl 3: AoE dmg 200, cast rng 600, 2 sec stun
lvl 4: AoE dmg 400, cast rng 600, 2.5 sec stun
lvl 5: AoE dmg 450, cast rng 700, 3 sec stun
lvl 6: AoE dmg 500, cast rng 800, 4 sec stun

Skill 2: Spike Aura: Surrounds Spike Beast with an aura that will stab any enemy that comes within an area of Spike Beast.
lvl 1: DPS 20, AoE 100
lvl 2: DPS 28, AoE 110
lvl 3: DPS 40, AoE 125
lvl 4: DPS 56, AoE 145
lvl 5: DPS 76, AoE 170
lvl 6: DPS 100, AoE 200

Skill 3: Spike Minion: Summons Spike Minions that attack Spike Beasts ememies. (only just started work on this skill. this skill is messed up and idk y, when summoned the minions cant move. minions have murgul slave model and a custom skin.)(heres a pic)
Spike Beast SpikeBeast-1
lvl 1: 1 units spawned
lvl 2: 2 units spawned
lvl 3: 3 units spawned
lvl 4: 4 units spawned
lvl 5: 4 units spawned
lvl 6: 4 units spawned

I cant seem to find a ult for this guy yet.... i had one but it interfered with spike nova and messed up. hope you use it. Very Happy

oh and i dont take full credit for all of this stuff. some of it i have gotten off of Hive Workshop (like the model) ive spoke to the creaters and they said that i was allowed to use them. i have the creaters of what i used in a notebook file if you want that too.

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Spike Beast Empty Re: Spike Beast

Post  goodyboy313 Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:24 pm

oops just noticed how big that sec img was.....

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Quanfinigon Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:44 pm

Some thoughts

1. abilities have only 4 levels, not 6, and the ult would have 3.
2. your damage numbers are really high, a 400dmg AOE with 2.5sec stun is better than some ults I think.
3. The spike aura is interesting, but won't hit many heros because of the tiny range, which could end up frustrating, and only useful against creeps
4. For the summons, maybe they could take off a fixed hp amount (like 50 each) when summoned, since they come out of his body, which could be a nice tradeoff to get them nice and powerful.

Potential new move ideas:
1. stabs into the ground, causing a giant spike to come up at target area, doing an impale effect+stun to a single target for much damage.
2. creates a wall (or circle) of spikes at target location, causing dps to enemies that walk through it.
3. (Hamstring) Shoots a spike at a single target, causing damage over time and slows movespeed greatly.
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:24 pm

oh well i was just putting it out there i know its not made for this game... i was just kinda making a guy (just felt like doin it) no reason... always was trying to find sumwhere to put him tho. yea i like the spike wall. maybe have spike nova as a ult? and the dmg was not set. i was just showing what i had just so you kno. but if you want to use him i could send the file. i just need to make a new icon for him cuz i have the icon for the old model.

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 pm

since we are active developers on our map, perSonas, we do look for good hero ideas and concepts to put into future versions of our map. so i'm glad you're interested and pitching your ideas. As Quan pointed out earlier, there are some issues with this hero that make him wildly powerful/imbalanced. I will post a hero-making guide soon to help line up common mistakes and issues, as designing a hero for perSonas is vastly different than it would be for a game like DotA.

Any idea can be improved though, and hopefully no idea is ever set in stone. That means that any hero suggestion can be improved to acceptance eventually.

BTW, how big is that custom model?
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:30 pm

its as big as any normal hero model.

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  so.SuaVe Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:25 am

size wise big: how many kb?

we like lean model sizes to help keep the map lite.
so.SuaVe
so.SuaVe
Suave Nipu

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:30 am

oh my bad.... like i said im new at this. its 145KB

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content