perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stone Warrior

2 posters

Go down

Stone Warrior Empty Stone Warrior

Post  shadowdon Mon May 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Well I apologize in advance i have never even really come up with a hero. So this might sound kinda stupid. That being said here we go!

I was think i PURE Str hero. Has next to no shields. Slow attack speed. Lots of damage. Something maybe like this.

Range- Melee
Movement Speed- 325
Stats
Str- 45
Agi- 10
Int-5
Base Armor- 4
Stat Gain
Str- +4
Agi-+1.5
Int- +.5
Hit Points 775
Shields 100

Skill 1(Stones of Protection)
When targeted by spell
10/20/30/40% chance to negate
Stun enemy for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds
Damage enemy 15/30/45/60

Could possibly look like the things that float around the blood mage. Only they would be stones instead of orbs.

Skill 2 (Armor Of Stone)
Affects all Allys in X radius on cast
+4/8/12/16 Armor
Lasts 6/8/10/12 Seconds
30 Second cool down

Skill 3(Leap of the Giant)
Jump 500/600/700/800
AoE Damage 50/100/150/200
AoE Slow Movement % 10/15/20/25
25 Second cool down

Ultimate (Stone Frenzy)
30/40/50% chance to frenzy when attacked
+attack speed 30%
+Movement speed +10%
Heal Stone Warrior 25-50 HP

All right i have updated skills a bit i think these would be more fun to play with.(i thought about it so thanks for the input!) Although me PERSONALLY like playing heros with lots of passives(less to wry about) i know alot of other people dont. Now hes kind of an anti caster with his first skill. So here is the new and improved WARRIOR!!

Last edited by shadowdon on Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
shadowdon
shadowdon

Back to top Go down

Stone Warrior Empty Re: Stone Warrior

Post  Kaznes Mon May 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I think, if I read correctly, that this hero has 3 passive abilities. This is a bit much, in my opinion, and would make the hero relatively boring to play. Maybe you could replace one of the first two abilities, or add something to it. For instance, when the armor bonus is cast, it could give a temporary armor bonus to all nearby allied units, or something. I would take out the Strength bonus ability altogether, though, as it's kind of boring, and all heroes already have an attribute bonus. Also, as a side note, try to make the number changes scale better. ie: instead of 4/8/16/32, make it 8/16/24/32. This way the numbers are adding instead of multiplying each time. Having the scaling values multiply can lead to things being too weak early on, and/or too strong later on (in my opinion).

Also, does Stone Frenzy activate when the hero attacks? It might be cool, since your ultimate heals you, to have it activate whenever you ARE attacked instead. Also, 10-30 HP is not much healing in perSonas. Also, I'm not sure, but I think Suave and Bengal like to keep Movement Speed bonuses relatively low (15% might be a bit high, especially considering how often it would be activating at 50%). Perhaps change the Movement Speed bonus to 10%, change the activation percent to 10/15/20% of the time you are attacked, and increase the healing by a bit.

It might also be cool to add some sort of custom ability. If you're going for a stone theme, there are lots of things you could do. I have a few recommendations to replace your Strength bonus ability.

If you're going for a defensive hero (which would have nice synergy with the defensive ultimate I suggested), you might consider something like this:

1) Shield of Stone

The hero is in constant protection of the stones from which he derives his power. A stone always hovers above the hero, and has a chance to launch itself at an enemy each time a spell is cast on the Stone Warrior, stunning the enemy for a short duration and dealing damage. After the stone is launched, another stone will be created after x amount of time, or after the hero is swapped out and swapped back in. (Cooldown time on stone re-creation, stun duration, and damage improve with levels).

If you wanted a more support type hero, consider something like the following:

2) Barrage

When activated, the hero begins a barrage of stones, targeting all enemies within x AoE. Each stone deals a very small amount of damage, and stuns for a very, very short duration. Stones are launched from the hero at a steady pace for x seconds. (The rate at which stones are shot, damage, and stun duration improve with level.)

Or else, if you wanted a more offensive hero, consider this option:

3) Diamond Saw

Two diamonds criss cross at the target location (the target point is the point of intersection). The diamonds sharp edges carry all enemy units with them to the finishing point of each diamond, dealing damage along the way. (Damage dealt and diamond speed increase with level.)

These are just suggestions for how to make the hero more interesting, instead of just stat bonuses, etc. You don't have to use any of them if you don't like them, they're just ideas to get your imagination going. Smile Hope this helps.

Kaznes
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowdon Mon May 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Ok well heres something i didnt know if they could do. Maybe a spell called Stone tempest or some such thing. Maybe the animations (more or less) of blood mages flamestrike but have it look like stone exploding everywere. I think that might be cool!
shadowdon
shadowdon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum