perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sky gazer???

5 posters

Go down

sky gazer??? Empty sky gazer???

Post  goodyboy313 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:31 am

ok the name is def not a very good one but i was just reading the nightstaker type hero and that nightmare creature hero that was suggested and it gave me this great idea for a type of hero.. one that changes from day to night. like his skill have differnt affects during the two times. insted of just during day or just during night they are really powerfull they just have differnt tactics during the two times.. like have the atk during the day be a ranged atk with like 300-400 rng then when it turns night it gets bonus damage and becomes a melee atk. im not too shure if it would be strength based or agility based. some of the spells could be like sky beam. where its a AoE spell that does the same damage during the day and night but, during the day it would catch enemies on fire and during the night it would slow enemies. or that might be a good ult? idk im kinda just had this brain explosion and had to get it down before it dissapeared. hmmm. lets see if i have any more skills. OOOOO how about an aura that gives atk speed during the day and move speed during the night. and then for an escaping move you could have a spell that during the day blinds and maybe silences units in an area to stop atks for running and during the night they would be put to sleep.?.? i dont even kno if this is possible or just like way to complicated... feedback any1?

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

sky gazer??? Empty Re: sky gazer???

Post  rockerbros Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 pm

I can't read that paragraph...make it easier on my eyes please. ><
rockerbros
rockerbros
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 pm

rockerbros wrote:I can't read that paragraph...make it easier on my eyes please. ><

Agreed. Let me try my best...

goodyboy313 wrote:Okay, the name is definitely not a very good one but i was just reading the nightstalker type hero and that nightmare creature hero that was suggested, and it gave me this great idea for a type of hero - One that changes from day to night. For example, his skills have different effects during the two times. Instead of having them be really powerful just during day or just during night, they just have different tactics during the two times. For example, have the attack during the day be a ranged attack with like 300-400 range then when it turns night it gets bonus damage and becomes a melee attack. I'm not too sure if it would be strength-based or agility-based. Some of the spells could be like sky beam, an AoE spell that does the same damage during the day and night but during the day it would catch enemies on fire and during the night it would slow enemies. Or perhaps that might be a good ult? I just had this brainstorm and wanted to get it all down before it disappeared. Hmmm, let's see if i have any more skills. Ooh, how about an aura that gives attack speed during the day and move speed during the night? And then for an escaping move you could have a spell that during the day blinds and maybe silences units in an area to stop attacks (for running) and during the night they would be put to sleep. I don't even know if this is possible or just too complicated...Feedback anyone?

Now then...

This is actually similar to an idea my brother and I had - the problem is that either the hero is too different during the night or the day (bad) or too similar (bad). Like there's no point at which there's a meaningful distinction that doesn't throw off the hero's concept too much.

Certainly any of that is possible to code, the question is whether or not it is worthwhile.

P.S. You really should go back and fix your spelling / grammar / punctuation / diction a bit. I had to make a lot of changes.
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Also for forums it's usually a good idea to put a double break between thoughts (or else risk the TL;DR of everyone else)

For a hero like this it's better to NOT give him a name/theme that has to do with day/night changes and instead give him 1-2 abilities that make the distinction.

For example (and this is just an idea):
day: passive: when attacking, the gazer gives the attacked unit a debuff which slows it's movement speed by 10%. The debuff lasts for 30 seconds but after that a new debuff appears which does nothing. This debuff is carried on between perSona shifts.
night: passive: if target attacked unit has the second debuff, it has a 50% chance to fall asleep for up to 10 seconds (unless attacked).

ATM I'm not sure I like it though. Just trying to put it out there that if you're going to use day/night abilities you need some synergy involved, and if you do use this, don't overuse it.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

http://gocguild.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Sorry about the grammer and all that jazz. When I type I end up typing a little too fast and i use the abbreviations quite a bit. I dont know i was just thinking that a hero like that just seems really interesting to me personally. I'm newer to the whole creating ideas so whenever things pop into my head i kinda just mess around a bit. Usualy they are not very good ideas.

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:52 am

you don't need to apologize, just try to get all your ideas together before you start writing them here, that way we can understand what your idea was faster!
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

http://gocguild.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post  NemesisMoose Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah, Bengal and I had come up with such a preliminary hero concept, that has different forms during day and night. To add on to what Bengal said, I believe another reason we scrapped it was that in PerSonas you already have a duality of heroes. In fact, the Stormcaller, back when he was in the game, was edging into the realm of 3 heroes. Not that that was the exact reason he was cut, but still: It's dangerous territory.
NemesisMoose
NemesisMoose
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum