perSonas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medea the Tactician

5 posters

Go down

Medea the Tactician Empty Medea the Tactician

Post  Cokemonkey11 Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:54 pm

Medea utilizes intelligence abilities to benefit his allies and alter-perSona.
Uses intelligence as the primary attribute.

Ability 1: Mana leash
Creates a rune at the tacticians location that gives mana to a target friendly hero over time. The rune has very little hit points and dispells when destroyed or when the target persona leaves it's range.
Bonus: Maybe make the amount of mana given increase on some logarithmic scale?
Looks like: A ward with a reverse siphon mana ability

Ability 2: Ice Case
Channeling until mana runs out or until stopped, the tactician launches an ice projectile (sliding) every .5 seconds at the cost of 5% shield. The projectile pushes any unit it encounters along the way and is owned by neutral passive. After 3 seconds the projectile becomes owned by neutral hostile and can be killed in 1 hit by any unit. If the unit that kills it is an enemy, it is effected by a debuff (short stun?); if it is killed by an ally, it is effected by a buff (attack speed increase?). Although the ice block can be 1-hit killed, it has 1000 hit points and degenerates 10 per second. If the ice melts before it is destroyed, it turn into an ice trap which lasts 5 minutes or until a unit steps over it. When stepped over the ice trap, a unit will become crippled and take a 50% loss in movement speed and attack-speed. If the unit that steps over is a persona, it will instead slide in the direction it is facing for x seconds. The ice trap effects allied personas or enemy units of any type. Allies can see the trap.

Ability 3: Swap
The tactician instantly swaps to it's alter perSona (no cooldown) and the hero switched out recieves a temporary movement speed bonus and chance to deal (tactician-intelligence) bonus damage for 5 seconds. When the alter-perSona switches back to the tactician, the tactician will become crippled to 50% movement speed temporarily and have it's sheilds reduced to 50% it's current level instantly.

Ultimate: Warhead
The tactician launches a slow moving grenade projectile at the target location. The projectile is a smoke system which acts as an incendiary if it hits creeps. The round does not affect buildings/ancients/perSonas.
x seconds later a warhead is launched from a random edge of the map and moves at high speed (it is a dummy missile - a unit). The projectile can be shot down by buildings but if it meets it's target it stuns all enemy units within 2000 range for 10 seconds. perSonas will instead be put to sleep and will wake up if attacked.

Hope you like my ideas and of course they are all subject to change by me or any aspiring developer.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

http://gocguild.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Medea the Tactician Empty Re: Medea the Tactician

Post  Matt1965 Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 am

Mana leash is basically a minor mana ward for one unit. could be good.
Ice case is a bit hard to understand...but i think i get it. sounds ok i guess. alot of stuff for small result
Why did u nerf swap? it does so little to begin with.
warhead is..interesting...could be usefull. but it doesnt seem to do a whole lot.

Matt1965

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 am

If Ice case is too complicated it could easily be changed to do less with the same basic result (remove the whole trap part?)
Swap was nerfed to prevent people from abusing the tactician in a way that makes it a support only hero. I don't want a hero that only buff's it's alter-perSona. I want him to be a full fledged tactician useful to the player's allies as well.
Warhead could easily have it's used changed substantially by changing the projectile speed. Faster = more useful, slower = more random. If it's fast enough (2k GU/S) it may be wise to reduce it's stun duration.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Quanfinigon Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Or you could say that it explodes wherever it gets shots down, which means if they're next to it anyway it won't help them much. Seems like a large-AoE 'far sight' type move would be useful and fit the tactitian thing.
Quanfinigon
Quanfinigon
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:38 pm

My idea behind letting buildings attack it is to prevent players from trying to attack towers.

But I guess it doesn't matter, you could just make it target units only.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  goodyboy313 Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:43 am

i think a way of simplifying the ice case move would to make it so that when it hits a enemy unit it just pushes them back a bit and gives a small stun (maybe some slow?) and when it hits allys it just give the bonus buff right there insted of pushing them also? and im kinda liking the idea of the traps if they dont hit something so that you can use the skill in two differnt ways making it just a bit more interesting.

goodyboy313
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Bengal_Tigger Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:27 am

The ice case ability is too complicated. I can't even read to the end of it before I've forgotten what the fuck it does. Can you give me a 25-word summary?
Bengal_Tigger
Bengal_Tigger
Admin

https://personas.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cokemonkey11 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Launches units in the direction it's facing (with a little offset for reduced accuracy) which slide and look like ice.

The ability keeps running until it stops being channeled or until the caster has no mana left (it costs 5% mana every .5 seconds)

The sliding ice blocks push both allied and enemy units for a short distance, and when they stop sliding they become neutral hostile (so both sides can attack)

Allied units benefit from attacking them while enemies are debuffed.

The rest is extra, and involves "melting" over x seconds after which it will turn into a trap that may do something like make an enemy slide when they walk over it.
Cokemonkey11
Cokemonkey11
Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum